Saturday, June 2, 2012

I Do Hair

B-126
I love my job.  Making the decision to go to hair school and become a licensed cosmetologist was without fail the best decision I made for myself.  I feel like I have found the perfect career that allows me to be creative and personal with others.  I also feel blessed that when the time comes for us to start a family I can still help contribute by doing hair on the side.
I work at a salon that caters to kids.  On more than one occasion parents tell me I'm going straight to heaven for wrestling these wiggly, screaming, crying kids day after day.  I hope they’re rightSmile  My job is hard but very rewarding.  It’s always a treat to watch what were scared crying kids get brave over time and sit so good now for their haircuts.  But lets be honest here, it’s not so much the kids that make my job hard… It’s their parents.  Here is just a taste of what we hear each day at the salon.
“Can you cut it so that it’s longer?”
“We want to shave it so that it grows back thicker and faster.”
“Can you do a bobble head haircut?”
“You don’t know what a bobble head haircut is?  Where did you go to school?”
“We watched Tangled this morning, than I found her with the the scissors and all this hair on the floor.”  
“Her brother said he wanted a little brother instead of a little sister so he cut her hair.”
Oh it’s all in a day’s work.  I’ve learned to just smile at these parents and try my best to cater to what they are asking me to do.  after all I'm a beautician NOT a magician!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha that first quote is awesome! I'm glad you went to hair school too :)

    ReplyDelete