Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Was Here

I feel pretty blessed to have such amazing in laws.  And I'm not just talking about Andy’s parents but his grandparents, aunts, uncle’s and cousins.  We just got home from a pretty brilliant family reunion from the Rockn’ R Ranch in Antimony Utah.  To say we had a good time would be a complete understatement.  Our day’s were filled with activities and lots of family.  I think our total count was roughly 64 people in our party.  The ranch we stayed at was an operating cattle ranch.  And what an operation it was.  It rested on over 1,000 acres of land and catered to hundreds of cattle and visitors each year.  Our activities included trail rides, roping lessons and barrel ridding.  We did archery, tubing, line dancing and ended the trip with a price family rodeo.  Each morning we woke up to a planned day ahead.  Andy loved tubing and I enjoyed the trail rides.  The family rodeo was definitely the highlight.  I learned how to barrel race and Andy took a ride on a calf.  The pictures really tell it all on how much fun we really had. 

The theme of this years reunion was “I was here.”  The message from this is to simply make sure that the things you do in this life leave behind a mark that says I was here and perhaps I did something good in this life. 

I want to give a BIG thank you to Andy’s grandma and grandpa for paying for this reunion.  Because of their hard work they were able to put us up in a comfortable lodge where we were fed good meals and kept entertained.  We enjoyed ourselves soooo much!

DSCN0720DSCN0721DSCN0725

Andy roping with his sister Amy and nephew Christian

DSCN0731DSCN0739

DSCN0749DSCN0750DSCN0752

Bobbing for apples with Uncle Daryl

DSCN0766DSCN0767DSCN0770 DSCN0776DSCN0780

My father is a total cowboy and it was so much fun watching him barrel race that horse

DSCN0781DSCN0782

This is our little cousin Kyia.  She asked if she could “ride the sheep”  She was so brave Muttn’ Bustn’ and did so good!

DSCN0786DSCN0784

Here he is…. my cowboy.  He didn’t quite last 8 seconds but with no broken bones, he’s a winner in my book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment