Friday, October 22, 2010

The Count Down

It has been a great transition from summer to fall here in Utah. The beautiful sunny weather carried through to the end of this month, and just this week the leave have started turning their crispy autumn colors. I do regret that we didn't get up to any of the canyons to enjoy the fall colors this year because i hear that it is the most breathtaking time of year for Utah. But in the mean time we have been gearing up for what is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. HALLOWEEN!!! I feel like i will forever be a kid at heart when it comes to the 31st of October. One of my favorite things about Halloween are the silly decorations and this year i wanted to try my hand at making some of our own. I spent some time on Martha Stewart.com where i found lots of different ideas.

This was one of them. They are glow in the dark eyes that i painted onto the glass of some frames i found at TJ Max. Martha did her's on a giant mirror which was cute, but kinda expensive to buy so i resorted to picture frames. We have them displayed right in front of our TV!


This was another Martha project. I tied these candies to a wreath frame and it took me forever!!! But i really turned out cute. I think i can do the same thing with red and green candies for Christmas.

So this was from a website i found Howdoesshe.com which had a ton of fun ideas for all holidays. Andy took me to Home depot and we bought a giant plank of wood that he later that night cut up for me. They turned out cute, and it was my first Modge Podge project!

This one is probably my favorite. I found the kit to make it at a local scrap booking store. They had tons of fun different projects so i think i will pick up some more for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We have a lot to look forward to this weekend. We were planning to go to frightmares at Lagoon if the weather corroperates. Its supposed to rain and snow tomorrow but i think we will rough it cause i've been waiting for sooooo long to go! We are also looking forward to a murder mystery dinner party at our friends this weekend. we get to dress up in our costumes and i cant wait! We are going as Mr. Incredible and Elasta Girl this year! Its gonna be great!!!!

1 comment: