Monday, February 13, 2012

Just a thought…

58195020154406083_UmuTAtOm_f

So last week I had an appointment with our sweet cousin Tosh for a brow and lip wax.  She is fabulous and does great work!  When I walked in the first thing that popped out of her mouth was

“Lauren you are so skinny!  You look great!”

Of course my reply is….

“No No No, are you kidding I’m not skinny!”

Tosh was quick to correct me saying,

“Lauren when someone compliments you, you need to say thank you!”

Tosh hit it on the mark.   It made me stop and think how often I put down compliments in an effort to downplay what others might see in me.  Do you do that too?  Lesson taught and learned.  Others compliment to help you see the great in yourself.  So remember to be a lady and be polite.  Always say thank you when others compliment you! 

1 comment: